Delegate: Roxana Marisol Carrillo Solano MD / INSTITUTO SALVADOREÑO DEL SEGURO SOCIAL
Affiliations: Sleep disorders clinic of the Salvadoran Social Security Institute
Short Bio: Medical doctor graduated from Evangelical University, San Salvador, El Salvador, 2006.
Internal Medicine Fellowship at The Salvadoran Social Security Institute, San Salvador, El Salvador, 2006 – 2008.
Sleep Medicine fellowship at the Sleep Disorders Unit with Pr. Isabelle Arnulf, Pitié-Salpêtrière University Hospital, Paris, France 2013 – 2015.
Head of the Sleep Disorders Clinic at The Salvadoran Social Security Institute, San Salvador, El Salvador from November 2015 to this date.
1- Pourquoi certains somnambules sont-ils somnolents ? Article in Médecine du Sommeil 12(1): 51-52 · March 2015 DOI: 10.1016/j.msom.2015.01.089
2- Sleepiness in sleepwalking and sleep terrors: A higher sleep pressure? Article in Sleep Medicine · January 2016 DOI: 10.1016/j.sleep.2015.11.020
Activity: We will conduct three multidisciplinary scientific activities to diffuse the importance of sleep medicine, reinforce sleep hygiene and its relationship with circadian rhythms, aimed to physicians, medical students, paramedics and patients of the Salvadoran Social Security Institute. We expect to reach directly at least two or three hundred persons with our talks. These talks will be video recorded and posted by the Salvadoran Medical College so they can be available for anyone who enters to their website. Also The Salvadoran Social Security Institute press department will post a review of the event in their website and Facebook page.
DATES AND PLACES:
– Saturday, March 10th, at Medical College of El Salvador
– Wednesday, March 14th at General Hospital of the Salvadoran Social Security Institute.
– Friday, March 16th at Policlinic Arce Hospital
1. Sleep and circadian rhythm disorders
2. Diagnostic approach to obstructive sleep apnea
3. Assessment of the breathing airway and surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
4. Non-invasive ventilation in obstructive sleep apnea
5. Restless legs syndrome
6. Approach of psychiatric problems in sleep disorders and rational use of psychotropic drugs
7. Sleep Hygiene and circadian rhythms.
We send some photos from previous events with patients and paramedical personnel about sleep hygiene and management of sleep troubles.
Location: Medical College of El Salvador – General Hospital of the Salvadoran Social Security Institute – Policlinic Arce Hospital
Date of Activity: March 10th, 14th and 16 th
Submitted By: Roxana Marisol Carrillo Solano MD