“Sleep Soundly, Nurture Life”
World Sleep Day was Friday, March 17, 2017
The globe united for World Sleep Day® on March 17, 2017 to host activities incorporating the slogan, ‘Sleep Soundly, Nurture Life.’
|Thank you for participating in our 10th Annual World Sleep Day! Be sure to submit the details of your activity to be included in the 2017 tally of activities by April 17.
CURRENT NUMBERS (as of March 17)
- 214+ delegates (number will continue to grow until April 17)
- 80 sleep awareness activities have been added to this page (with more being submitted each day).
- 42 countries have notified us of participation in World Sleep Day so far.
- New this year: Events in the countries of Jordan, Switzerland, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Qatar & Estonia.
- Activities are added to worldsleepday.org/activities as they are submitted by delegates.
- Social media updates are shared under the hashtag #WorldSleepDay.
| Our 2017 partners include Westin Hotels & Resorts, Dormeo, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Fidia Farmaceutici, Barilla and Hypersomnia Foundation.
World Sleep Day is an annual event, intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of World Sleep Society (founded by WASM and WSF) and aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. As of 2016, World Sleep Day had a total of 394 delegates in 72 countries around the globe.