World Sleep Day® was March 16, 2018
Thank you to all who participated in our 11th Annual World Sleep Day on March 16! We are so pleased with its success. Below are exciting highlights of the productive, international awareness day.
- 280+ official delegates joined the campaign
- 148 sleep awareness activities have been added to worldsleepday.org
- 55 countries have notified us of participation in World Sleep Day
- NEW: Participation in the countries of Norway, Burkina Faso, Singapore, Bangladesh, Greece, Belgium, Trinidad and Tobago
- Media mentions came in across the globe including USA Today, Men’s Health, CNBC, InStyle, HarpersBAZAAR, Psychology Today, MSN, Forbes, The Sunday Post and many more
- #WorldSleepDay climbed to #2 on the United States Top Trends on Twitter
- Our 2018 partners included Westin Hotels & Resorts, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Fidia Farmaceutici, AM Life and Dermalogica
- Save the date for the next World Sleep Day on March 15, 2019
World Sleep Day® is designed to raise awareness of sleep as a human privilege that is often compromised by the habits of modern life.
World Sleep Day is an annual event, intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of World Sleep Society (founded by WASM and WSF) and aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. World Sleep Day is held the Friday before Spring Vernal Equinox of each year. Future dates will be: March 15, 2019 and March 14, 2020.
Check out World Sleep Day Media Mentions to watch videos, read articles and listen to broadcasts from around the globe.
View 2017 winners of our Distinguished Activity Awards.