The next World Sleep Day will take place on Friday, March 17, 2017. Mark your calendars & check back for updates!
World Sleep Day is an annual event, intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of World Sleep Society (founded by WASM and WSF) and aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorders. As of 2016, World Sleep Day had a total of 394 delegates in 72 countries around the globe.
2016 World Sleep Day Accomplishments:
- #worldsleepday was a trending topic on both Twitter and Facebook
- World Sleep Day added 152 new delegates from 33 different countries
- World Sleep Day added representatives in 14 new countries (Bangladesh, Costa Rica, Curacao, Estonia, Ghana, Guatemala, Indonesia, Moldova, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Taiwan, Tunisia, Qatar, and Uruguay)
- #worldsleepday was viewed over 109,000 times on Twitter via our @_WorldSleep page
- We added 401 Facebook and 371 Twitter followers