Delegate: Youth Committee of Russian Society of Somnologists (Representative, Lyudmila Korostovtseva)
Affiliations: on behalf of the Russian Society of Somnologists (President – Prof. G. Kovrov), the Youth Committee of Russian Society of Somnologists (Chairman – Dr. E. Rutskova)
Activity:In 2019, traditionally, we have held several activities for the World Sleep Day.
In 2019, traditionally, we have held several activities for the World Sleep Day.
I. Popular interactive lecture for the students of the Herzen State Pedagogical University of St Petersburg (15 March 2019)
A lecture on circadian rhythms, role of sleep in our life and age-related changes was given by Dr. M. Bochkarev (photo).
Students have also presented brief talks on the topic of sleep and psychology. The discussion, question-answer session lasted for more than an hour.
Audience – around 40 students.
All participants have received the 10 Commandments of Healthy Sleep and special spice cakes with the emblem of the World Sleep Day.
II. Professional meeting for MDs in the city of Velikiy Novgorod (at the Novgorod State Medical University), 16 March 2019
A half-day meeting “Healthy sleep – healthy patient at any age. Sleep disorders in physician’s practice” was held at the Novgorod State Medical University and included 3 lectures, practical demonstration and discussion on the sleep-related issues (Photo).
The lectures were the following:
1) Circadian rhythm and its disorders in different ages (Dr. Bochkarev)
2) Simple rules for healthy sleep (Dr. Vays)
3) Sleep-disordered breathing in routine medical practice (Dr. Korostovtseva)
4) Demonstration and discussion
Audience – around 50 MDs.
According to the MDs of Velikiy Novgorod it was the first meeting on sleep issues in the city ever.
All participants received the 10 Commandments of Healthy Sleep and special spice cakes with the emblem of the World Sleep Day.
III. Preparation of papers and distributed materials.
1) The WSD ToolKit and 10 commandments of healthy sleep in Russian translation were distributed during all the events.
2) The special spice cakes with the emblem of the WSD and slogan 2019 were prepared and distributed during the events (Photo).
- Popular media reports:
– A series of TV interviews was given by somnologists of the Russian Sociaty of Somnologists, translated 15th March 2019 (http://www.rtr.spb.ru/vesti_spb/news_detail_v.asp?id=32938&fbclid=IwAR3T_k_ldWyWRxqPHZ6HJUXSidAEOY4 b8ci0o0BhjrYFmsuA_Zsv-lFNybw)
– A popular paper about sleep apnea is printed in the top popular science journal “Science from at first hand”
Location: St Petersburg, Velikiy Novgorod (Russia)
Date of Activity: March 2019 (focus on 15-16 March 2019)
Submitted By: Lyudmila Korostovtseva