Delegate: SOUTH EAST ASIAN ACADEMY OF SLEEP MEDICINE
Affiliation: SOUTH EAST ASIAN ACADEMY OF SLEEP MEDICINE
Activity: SEAASM celebrated the World Sleep Day on 15th March 2019 for the 6th time in a row starting from 2013 onward. In view of World Sleep Day, SEAASM took the first ever initiative to assess the sleep quality in shift workers in India through an online survey using PITTSBURGH SLEEP QUALITY INDEX. This is survey was initiated on 1st February 2018, ~600 shift workers completed the survey. The survey will be ongoing for a year with an aim of larger sample size recruitment.
- The result of the survey would be made public during the 5th International Conference on Sleep Disorders on 12th October 2019 along with a press release.
- Free Sleep Disorder OPD has been organized from 10th -20th March 2019 in our 100 bedded hospital of practice.
- Around 42,000 SMS were sent to our database of patients inviting them for free consultation
- General emailer around sleep quality survey was circulated to 280 corporate companies. The online survey provides the scores and also intimates the participants towards poor sleep quality and informs them to visit a sleep physician for the same.
- “Snoring and Sleep Health” video run was undertaken from 10th March 2019 in all the television of the practicing hospital. Estimated views are 5000 till 31st March 2019
- “Snoring and Sleep health” video was run on the digital platform (Facebook) from 10th March 2019 of the practicing hospital
- “Corporate talk around “Good Sleep Practices” was delivered along with sleep quality survey
- SEAASM continues its tireless efforts in improving the awareness of sleep disorders in the country having the largest population.
Snoring and Sleep Health Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oeKBymlqNg128p9LhtyUs16-y7Qg7EJB/view
Good Sleep Practices Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvO2fmvX_qTB-eZOYas9Zg69zkt7N1Hr/view
Date of Activity: March 16, 2019
Submitted By: SEAASM