Delegate: SOUTH EAST ASIAN ACADEMY OF SLEEP MEDICINE(SEAASM)
Affiliations: SOUTH EAST ASIAN ACADEMY OF SLEEP MEDICINE(SEAASM)
Short Bio: SEAASM IS is an international society formed in 2013 to cater to the need of developing the field of sleep medicine. SEAASM gives a platform to sleep physicians and clinicians from different specialties to come together and take forward this cause of promoting, exchanging knowledge and enlightening the medical fraternity and public at large about sleep disorders.
•First ever initiative taken looking at the sleep quality in shift workers. SEAASM has initiated a global Sleep quality assessment survey for the shift workers from 1st FEB 2018 using PITTSBURGH SLEEP QUALITY INDEX whose results will be declared on 16 March 2018. The shift workers working in various sectors have been approached including healthcare.This event will be covered in the local news papers along with information regarding sleep disorders to increase its awareness.
•Workshift and its impact on Sleep- Awareness talks will be delivered to various multinational companies based in NCR region in India. Following the talks, sleep quality assessment survey will be facilitated for all attendees on the online portal.
•“Wake up to Sleep” – Sleep awareness talk for the doctors in paramedic from different countries of Africa to be held on 07th March 2018 in view of World Sleep day theme of the year.
•Sleep and Sleep related disorders Educational brochures will be distributed at each event(press event/multinational talks/sleep awareness talk for paramedics of Africa)
WORLD SLEEP DAY ACTIVITY HIGHLIGHTS
1. SEAASM celebrated the World Sleep Day on 16th March 2018 for the 5th time in a row starting from 2013 onwards.
2. In view of World Sleep Day, SEAASM took the first ever initiative to assess the sleep quality in health care shift workers in India through an online survey using PITTSBURGH SLEEP QUALITY INDEX
3. This survey was initiated on 1st February 2018 for the health care shift workers in India, 488 shift workers completed the survey. The survey will be ongoing for a year with an aim of larger sample size recruitment.
4. The result of the survey would be made public on World Sleep day 2019 along with a press release.
5. Wake up to Sleep and importance of a sound sleep talk was delivered to more than 50 students from Africa union belonging to more than 15 African countries.
6. At SEAASM, we aim to make every effort in continuing our tireless effort in promoting sleep disorder not only amongst doctors of various specialties but also public at large.
Download the scientific brochure for SEAASM’s 4th international conference in Lucknow 12-13-14th October 2018.
Date of Activity: 16 MARCH 2018
Submitted By: SOUTH EAST ASIAN ACADEMY OF SLEEP MEDICINE