Delegate: Dr. Nagarajan Ramakrishnan
Affiliations: Director, Nithra Instiute of Sleep Sciences
Short Bio: Dr. N. Ramakrishnan is the first Board Certified Sleep Specialist to practice in India and established Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences (www.nithra.com ) in 2004 and is a Past President of Indian Sleep Disorders Association. Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences has the distinction of being the first institution to offer a post doctoral fellowship in Sleep Medicine affiliated to Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University and also the first sleep center in India to be accredited by National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare Organizations (NABH).
He has been honored with fellowship by American College of Physicians, American College of Chest Physicians, American College of Critical Care Medicine, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Indian College of Critical Care Medicine and Indian Sleep Disorders Association. He has also received prestigious awards including ‘Best Doctor Award’ from Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, ‘Young Achiever Award’ from Vaishnav Group of Institutions and ‘Vocational Excellence Award’ from Rotary Club.
He has also authored four books in Tamil for the public addressing issues relating to ICU, Sleep and Organ Donation. He has received several honors form medical professional societies and was also invited to meet the honorable president of India,(LATE) Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam who appreciated his contributions in the field of Critical Care & Sleep Medicine.
February 10, 2018: On account of World Sleep Day 2018, Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences conducted an ART Competition on ” How is your Sleep Cycle” among school children and college students categorised under the following age groups (6-10 years; 11-16 years; 17 – 20 years in order to educate the future generation on quality sleep in our locality (Annanagar).
About 300 students participated, based on the theme the best artwork was selected.
Winners were awarded with cash prize and certificates
Participation certificate were given to all the participants.
Supported schools and colleges were very much appreciated for their commitments towards
in spreading the awareness
Note : We planned our activity ahead of time as our children likely to have their board examinations in the month of March 2018
Location: Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences, Annanagar, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
March 8-15, 2018: TO MARK THE DAY
1. Talk on Sleep Hygiene & Sleep Disorders – given to nurses (March 8, 2018) , Corporate employees (March 15, 2018) regarding shift work
2. Free Screening on Sleep Disorders for general public was carried out on March 17, 2018. discount for Polysomnography and free consultation
3. Sleep Awareness Campaign delivered at popular Radio Station – March 15, 2018
March 11- 17, 2018: Article by Dr N.Ramakrishnan on SHIFTING LIFESTYLES has been published in local Newspapers
Location: Annanagar, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
16th March 2018:
1. Walkathon- World Sleep Day : To mark the day,We from Nithra Institute of Sleep Sciences organized an awareness rally by distributing pamphlets,holding Placards ,displaying banner related to Drowsy driving , Sleep Apnea, Circadian Rhythm disorders and Sleep Hygiene measures. The rally spaned over 2km and involed 15 of our Staff members.
2. Spreading Awareness on Healthy SLeep at Metro Station for the passengers and employees
Location: Anna Nagar, Chennai- 40 Tamilnadu, India
Submitted By: Ms. Mary Isabel Charles