Delegate: Dr. Manvir Bhatia
Affiliations: Neurology and Sleep Centre Delhi
Number of participants: 35
To lay emphasis on the importance of sleep in the lives of our youth, ‘Neurology Sleep Centre & Sleepedia’ conducted Youth Sleep @College, an awareness programme on emotions, mood & their relationship with sleep as an initiative to celebrate ”World Sleep Day”.
Title: Are Emotions and Mood related to sleep?
– Talk on definition, scientific basis of Emotions & Mood, their control , conditions or situations that have positive & negative effects and functions of sleep.The relationship between sleep, emotion and mood & tips on how to improve mood by improving sleep was delivered by Dr.Manvir Bhatia, Senior Neurologist & Sleep Specialist.
– Introduction to Sleepedia, importance of quality sleep in life, relationship of good sleep with good health was delivered by Mr. Manoj Sharma, Vice President Marketing, Sleepwell
This was followed by :
– Questions & Answer session
– Poetry/ Slogan/ Poster Competition
– Judgment , announcement & distribution of prizes
Event was endorsed by Indian Society for Sleep Research (ISSR)
The feedbacks were very encouraging and the students asked for long workshops and committed to improve their sleep habits.
Location: Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University , New Delhi
Date: 10th Feb.2016 , 10A.M – 12P.M
Submitted by: Dr.Manvir Bhatia
Short Bio: Dr. MANVIR BHATIA is a Senior Neurologist, Electro physiologist and Sleep Specialist. She is a Director and Senior Consultant Neurology and Sleep Medicine, Saket City Hospital and Neurology &Sleep Centre, New Delhi. She is a co-director of the Ace School of Sleep Medicine for training physicians and paramedicals in field of sleep medicine.