From 10th to 16th March 2014, she promoted: ¨La Semana del Buen Dormir¨ (Week of the good sleep).
The activities were:
1. During ¨La Semana del Buen Dormir¨ in her private sleep lab, three patients with sleep disorders and economically disadvantaged benefited with specialist consultation and sleep study with a 50% discount.
2. Conferences to patients and physicians in other specialties about the importance of sleep.
3. She had invitations to morning television programs with national coverage where she spoke about sleep disorders, diagnosis and treatment and of course about World Sleep Day.
4. Radio interviews were scheduled for week. She spoke about the importance of a restful sleep for the mind and body, talk about easy breathing… Living without SAHS is possible, you only need to see a sleep specialist.
5. In the medical area of the main newspaper of national circulation in El Salvador, she wrote an article about World Sleep Day, the slogan of this year and the importance of early diagnosis of sleep disorders.
Submitted by: DR. ELENA MAJANO DE CARÍAS
Brief Bio: Medical Director Medical Bernes-Neurology Sleep Medicine. Neurological Association of El Salvador She is a Medical Internist, Neurologist and Sleep Medicine Specialist, my graduate the Realize in Bern, Switzerland and Buenos Aires, Argentina. At the time I dedicate to my private practice, in which 90% of my patients correspond to Sleep Medicine.