Delegate: Brazilian Sleep Association
Affiliations: Brazilian Sleep Association, Brazilian Sleep Medicine Association and Brazilian Association of Sleep Dentistry
The Brazilian Sleep Association aims to develop actions for Sleep Science and its pathologies; support the technical and scientific development of its members, through the promotion of courses, congresses, symposia and colloquiums on matters related to the area.
It brings together all Brazilian professionals who study sleep, including from basic experimental areas, biologists, polysomnography technicians, physiotherapists, speech therapists, psychologists, dentists and doctors; it is fundamentally, since its origin, multidisciplinary and the list of specialists that participate in society does not stop growing.
It also brings together under the same roof and under shared management the sister companies: Brazilian Association of Sleep Medicine (ABMS) and Brazilian Association of Sleep Dentistry (ABROS), both created to meet the specific needs of dentists and doctors.
ABS is recognized worldwide, promotes numerous activities, including meetings with civil society and public policy managers, in addition to promoting constant dialogue with society on the most diverse topics related to sleep.
In the last few years, the programs had more than 200 actions, more than 20,000 people impacted and around 1,200 volunteer professionals.
For 2021, due to the fight against the Covid pandemic19, our campaign was completely virtual. We opted to invest mainly in social networks (https://www.instagram.com/absono/; https://www.facebook.com/associacaobrasileiradosono; https://twitter.com/abssono; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwjOMn0YQGapmt7hjMdbcIQ) with the primary and always objective of reaching the population and adding and updating health professionals.
ABS’s schedule for World Sleep Day 2021 included around 119 activities, including Lives and Webinars, 61,000 impacted people and 400 volunteer professionals across Brazil and aimed to promote dialogue with health professionals, researchers, educators, lay people and society about the importance of sleep in the health of the individual.
Actions scheduled for 2021:
– Videos “Gotas de Sono”: published on social networks, had more than 80,000.00 views; short videos, from 30 seconds to 01 minutes maximum, in order to pass on some specific information to the population.
– Lives and Webinars: transmitted by the official ABS channels – Instagram for Lives and Zoom for Webinars. Population-oriented webinars has Zoom’s open broadcast on YouTube or Facebook for greater reach.
– Custom filters (more than 123,000 impressions) and hashtag (#semanadosono2021 #sonobomfuturosaudável) for Instagram.
Number of actions carried out in Brazil in 2021, separated by region:
– North, which covers: Acre, Amapá, Amazonas, Pará, Rondônia, Roraima, Tocantis
Videos “Gotas de Sono”: 04 | Lives: 05 | Webinars: 10
– Northeast, which covers: Alagoas, Bahia, Ceará, Maranhão, Paraíba, Pernambuco, Piauí, Rio Grande do Norte, Sergipe
Videos “Gotas de Sono”: 44 | Lives: 25 | Webinars: 13
– Midwest, which covers: Brasília, Goiás, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul
Videos “Gotas de Sono”: 08 | Lives: 02 | Webinars: 04
– Southeast, which covers: Espírito Santo, Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo
Videos “Gotas de Sono”: 34 | Lives: 23 | Webinars: 15
– South, covering: Paraná, Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul
Videos “Gotas de Sono”: 26 | Lives: 18 | Webinars: 04
Date of Activity: March 19, 2021
Submitted by: Dr. Andrea Bacelar, president of the Brazilian Sleep Association