Delegate: Dr. Montida Veeravigrom / Sleep Society of Thailand
Affiliations: Sleep Society of Thailand
Short Bio: American Board of Sleep Medicine
Activity: Sleep Society of Thailand collaborated with two alliances to promote World Sleep Day awareness event as “Word Sleep Day Week”. The highlight of this year includes a big press conference to promote the important of sleep and circadian rhythms through our leading newspapers, televisions and radio stations.
Our allies were:
– Excellence Center for Sleep Disorders, King Chulalongkorn memorial hospital/ Thai Red Cross Society
– Department of Mental Health, Ministry of Public health
The activities of this year are as follows:
1) The competition of World Sleep Day Slogan in Thai language.
Slogan of World sleep day 2018 was “Join the Sleep World, Preserve Your Rhythms to Enjoy Life” Sleep Society of Thailand and Department of Mental Health held the competition of Thai slogan from competitors all over the country. The winner was Krit Wangwichit. Our Thai slogan was used as the campaign for all World Sleep Activities in the country.
2) The Press Conference.
Excellence Center for Sleep Disorders King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital/ Thai Red Cross Society, Sleep Society of Thailand collaborate with Department of Mental Health held the press conference for World Sleep Day 2018 on February 19, 2018 to increase awareness in medical personnel and Thai population about the importance of sleep, insomnia and other sleep disorders at Bhumisiri Mangkhalanusorn Building, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital. We also organized a talk about “Role of Drowsy Driving in Traffic Accident” by Dr. Manoon Leechawengwongs, Chairman, Anti-Drowsy Driving Fund under the Patronage of Royal Highness Princess Galayani Vadhana, Ramathibodi Foundation.
3) World Sleep Day Walk Rally 2018
Excellence Center for Sleep Disorders King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital/ Thai Red Cross Society, Sleep Society of Thailand collaborate with Department of Mental Health organized “World Sleep Day 2018 Walk Rally” at Lumpini Park Bangkok Thailand on March 3, 2018 to promote good sleep hygiene in Thai people. This event open for the public. One hundred twenty participants attended this special event.
4) World Sleep Day 2018-week exhibition
Excellence Center for Sleep Disorders King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital/ Thai Red Cross Society, Sleep Society of Thailand collaborate with Department of mental health organized “Word Sleep Day 2018-week exhibition during March 5-9, 2018 at Ground Floor, Phor Por Ror Building King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital (Our outpatient lobby). More than 1,000 attendants are expected.
5) World Sleep Day 2018 Seminars
Excellence Center for Sleep Disorders King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital/ Thai Red Cross Society, Sleep Society of Thailand collaborate with Department of mental health organized “World Sleep Day 2018 Seminars” on March 10, 2018.This event open for the public. Ten sleep specialists give a talk to public about Circadian rhythms, insomnia, obstructive sleep apnea, sleep and executive function in children, sleep hygiene and sleep quiz. Two hundred attendants are expected.
6) World Sleep Day 2018 across the country
Sleep Society of Thailand and Department of mental health ‘s network held the World Sleep Day 2018 event across the country in University hospitals and 25 Mental health Hospitals.
- Video, MCOT Family ช่อง14 Live! Healthy Variety
- Article, Insomnia is harder than thought
- Article, Chulalongkorn University organizes weekly activities ‘Sleeping World’, a doctor who sleeps properly, helps to conquer the disease.
- Article, Line Today: 10 Tips to Sleep Well
- Thai Television: Thai PBS News Issue
- Matichon newspaper: Sleep deprivation and World sleep days
- Article, Nitipat Center Chulalongkorn Hospital Together with the Department of Mental Health And the sleep syndrome of Thailand. World Sleep Day 2018 Day-long World Day to raise awareness of sleep disorders
- Television, World Sleep Day
- Article, Sleeping World Day
- Article, Thai People Cannot Sleep
- Article, Sleep Deprivation and Bipolar Depression
- Article, Thai People Do Not Sleep
- Channel 7 News, Video: Anxiety Causing Lack of Sleep
- Article, VOICE: Sleep is the time to watch the life force conquer healthy body.
- Article, Department of Mental Health recommends the 10 best ways to sleep.
- News 18, The Department of Mental Health recommends 10 tips to help sleep well.
- Article, Good night, sleep the world! 10 tips to help you sleep well
- Radio/blog, 10 tips to help sleep
Location: Bangkok, Chiangmai, Nakhon Sawan, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Phanom, Sa Kaeo,Khon Kaen, Loei, Surat Thani, Songkhla
Date of Activity: 19 February, 3 March, 5-10 March
Submitted By: Montida Veeravigrom,M.D