Delegate: Multidisciplinary Sleep Research Group,OAU, Ile-Ife.
Affiliations: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
Short Bio: Regional Coordinator for West Africa,
Secretary General, Nigeria Society of Neurological Sciences.
1. Members of the Sleep research group were on Air between 7.30 and 8.00 am on a Yoruba Phone-in Programme (Eyi Yato) to discuss the World Sleep Day, Sleep Disorders, Healthy Sleep in Adults and Children and Sleep and Mental Health. There were a lot of relevant questions from the public such as Insomnia in the Elderly, relationship between sleep and Epilepsy and Sleep in Women.
2. School awareness Programme held at the Obafemi Awolowo University International School and God’s Image School, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th March Respectively. Questions from the school children were also discussed such as how to sleep well after a nightmares, causes of extensive sleeping,and the adverse effects of oversleeping and snoring.
3. The World Sleep Day awareness held March 15 among Physicians and Neurologists via online messages.
4. Hospital Seminar on Sleep Disorders for March 20.
5. On going programme on Sleep timing and implications for Mental Health and Academic performance for Undergraduate Students in the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
6. On-going programme on Healthy Sleep in the Work place for Shift workers and Resident Doctors.
Location: Ile-Ife, Nigeria
Date of Activity: 10th- 20th March 2019
Submitted By: Professor Morenikeji Komolafe