Delegate: Montserrat Reséndiz-García & Matilde Valencia-Flores
Affiliations: Sleep Disorders Clinic, INCMNSZ and UNAM
Short Bio: Researcher at INCMNSZ
Professor of Master in Sleep Disorders.
Activity: This year the activities were directed to children, youth and adults. For this purpose they were carried out in three important places for three days:
At Radio Educación, the first educational and cultural radio station in Mexico, whose substantive work consists of promoting and disseminating the educational, cultural and artistic expressions of Mexico through radio. With innovative proposals in radio programming and formats; as well as in the promotion of various cultural initiatives.
At the Universum, Museo de las Ciencias de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). It is the first museum in Mexico dedicated to promoting science and technology to the public, as well as providing support to university science projects. It is a museum that works with external collaborators and private entities that help the development of permanent, temporary exhibitions and the management of other science museums in different states of the country.
At the Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán (INSMNSZ). It is one of the National Institutes of Health of the Ministry of Health of Mexico that provides third-level medical care to adults. It is aimed at promoting quality medical care, both in its scientific-technical and interpersonal dimensions, and its primary focus is on patient-centered care, within a framework of quality, safety and excellence.
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Interview on Radio Educación, in the program “Paisaje Interno”, with national audience, theme: Sleep Well, World Sleep Day “Healthy sleep, healthy aging”. With the aim of publicizing sleep disorders, as well as the importance of a healthy sleep, by Montserrat Reséndiz-García and Victoria Santiago-Ayala. https://tinyurl.com/y3azl5ny
Friday, March 15, 2019
Esplanade of the Quijote, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán
09: 00-13: 30 hrs
• Information booth about the importance of Sleep, audience: ambulatory INCMNSZ patients,medical and administrative staff of the Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán”
• Flyers distribution of with information about sleep hygiene measures for adults and children up to 12 years of age.
• Interaction games such as: Dream marathon, target shooting of sleeping hygiene, soup of letters of the dream, crossword of the dream, they were enjoyed by the audience.
Friday, March 15 at Universum, Museo de las Ciencias de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM):
15: 00-16: 00 hrs. Universum Theater.
• Conference: “World Sleep Day 2019: Healthy Sleep, healthy aging”.
By Dr. Matilde Valencia-Flores. Clínica de Trastornos del Dormir, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán y Facultad de Psicología, UNAM.
Saturday March 16 at Universum Museo de las Ciencias de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM):
11: 00-16: 00 hrs. Esplanade of the Universum
• Playful activities related to World Sleep Day: Sleep lottery, target shooting of sleeping hygiene, sleep alphabet soup, dream crossword, drawing the dream and Marathon Dream
• Information about the importance of Sleep
• Distribution of flyers with information on sleep hygiene measures for adults and children up to 12 years of age.
14:00-17:00 hrs. Sala Miguel Herrera , Casita de las Ciencias, Universum Museo de las Ciencias de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM):
Conference-Workshop of Dream
• Conference 14:00 hrs. How does the brain work when we sleep? Dr. Rafael Salín-Pascual. Departamento de Salud Mental, Facultad de Medicina, UNAM.
• Workshop 15:00 hrs: How is sleep measured? … How do I improve my sleep?, Christopher Villamar, Montserrat Reséndiz-García. Clinica de Trastornos del Dormir INCMNSZ-UNAM. Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán.
• Conference 16:00 hrs. Sleep in the elderly: to sleep little or sleep a lot ?. Montserrat Reséndiz-García, Clínica de Trastornos del Dormir, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán.
Participants of the activities of the Sleep Disorders Clinic INCMNSZ-UNAM:
Matilde Valencia-Flores, Head of Sleep Disorders Clinic, INCMNSZ
Montserrat Reséndiz-García, MSc. Researcher at INCMNSZ
Ma. Victoria Santiago-Ayala, MSc. Researcher at INCMNSZ
Christopher Villamar MSc. Posgrade Student at School of Psychology,UNAM
Gabriela Gaytan Cervantes, Bachelor, School of Psychology,UNAM
Gabriela Menchaca, Bachelor, School of Psychology,UNAM
Laura Isabel Villanueva-Ojeda, Student of Sleep Disorders Master, UNAM
Estefanía Torres-Sánchez, Student of Sleep Disorders Master, UNAM
Jorge Iván Sánchez-Romero, Student of Sleep Disorders Master, UNAM
Ramón Morales-Navarro, Student of Sleep Disorders Master, UNAM
Rafael Cuellar Reyes-Spíndola. Sleep Disorder Clinic, INCMNSZ
Coordination of activities:
Montserrat Reséndiz-García, MSc., Researcher at INCMNSZ
Location: México, D.F
Date of Activity: March 14, 15 and 16, 2019
Submitted By: Montserrat Reséndiz-García and Matilde Valencia-Flores