Affiliations: International Sleep Science and Technology Association & AM LIFE INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD, Malaysia
Activity: Holding three lectures on sleep.
1.) Topic: The Importance of Good Quality of Sleep – from Daily Activities to Global Standards by Prof. Dr. med. Rayleigh Ping-Ying Chiang
- Director, Sleep Technology Consortium (STC), Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- President, International Sleep Science & Technology Association (ISSTA), Berlin Headquarter & Taiwan Chapter
- Director, Sleep Technology SIG, INSIGHT Center, National Taiwan University
- Deputy Superintendent, Kang-Ning Hospital, University of Kang-Ning, Taipei
- Vice-Chairman, Center of Sleep Medicine; Attending, Dept. of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital
- ESRS (EU) Board Certificated “Grandparent” Somnologist
- Board of Director, Stanford Alumni Taiwan Club
2.) Topic: Technological Innovation and Industrial Development in Sleep Related Fields by Gwo-jiunn Huang, Ph.D.
- Senior Expert, Institute for Information Industry (III)
- Chair, Industrialization Committee, ISSTA, Berlin Headquarter & Taiwan Chapter
- Advisor to the past president of Taiwan
3.) Topic: The Association Between Sleep and Multiple Chronic Systemic Diseases in Evidence-Based Medicine by Peng-Tzu Liu, M.D.
- Attending Physician, Department of Family Medicine, SKH, Taipei
- Executive Secretary, International Sleep Science and Technology Association (ISSTA) in Asia
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of Kang-Ning, Taipei
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 3/10-12, 2017
Short Bio: After Prof. Chiang’s defining the brand new field of “sleep technology” by chief-edited the first textbook in this field – “Introduction to Modern Sleep Technology” which was published by Springer in the Netherlands in 2012, sleep technology has been more and more popular and growing rapidly globally, such as the establishment of Sleep Technology Hub in Turkey and the Sleep Technology Consortium (STC) with the support from Ministry of Technology and Science(MOST) of Taiwan government in 2016. Many internationally well-known companies based in Taiwan, including Asus, Quanta, Wistron ITS, LITEON, and Compel electronics, SleepWell, AIQ,…etc. are all the members of Sleep Technology Consortium(STC) and will keep investing in sleep technology and smart health technology. In 2013, Dr. Chiang passed the board certification of the“Grandparent Somnologist” from European Sleep Research Society (ESRS). He is the only physician who got the special honor from Asia. Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW) of Taiwan and Taiwan Institute of Economy Research (TIER) officially support ISSTA Taiwan Chapter for “Global Sleep Technology Standard Establishment” and also for the proposal of sleep technology in APEC starting from the year of 2017. Dr. Chiang is invited to present in front of the government officers from the 21 economies of APEC in the Senior Officer Meeting (SOM) in August 2017.