Delegate: Dr Himanshu Garg & Dr Prerana Chopra
Affiliations: Aviss Health -Centre for Sleep Disorders
Short Bio: Aviss Health is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of Sleep Disorders.Brainchild of two (India & Australia) trained Physicians it was built to bring the latest in Sleep Medicine to India.
Dr.Himanshu Garg – Founder Director & Sleep Specialist,Aviss Health, Master in Medicine Respiratory Medicine (MD), Fellow American College of Chest Physician (FCCP), Fellowship in Sleep Medicine , Melbourne Australia (FSM), American Board Certified in Behavioral Sleep Medicine(CBSM) Registered Polysomongraphic Technologist (RPSGT)
Dr Himanshu Garg is a docpreneur a combination of sharp clinical skills and astute business acumen. He has been extensively trained in India and Australia.He is amongst a handful of people outside of North America who have been certified by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine in Behavioral Sleep Medicine. He has extensively published and presented in all the major forums in the field nationally & internationally.He is the founder of South East Asian Academy of Sleep Medicine which is serving as a common platform for emergence of sleep Medicine the region. He also serves as Head of Department Respiratory diseases & Sleep medicine at Artemis Hospitals.He is loved by his patients and respected by the business community.
Dr. Prerana Chopra – Cofounder, General Physician. She is co founder and Director at Aviss Health. With a business degree from IIM Calcutta she spearheads the Operations and Medical Affairs of the organisation. An ultimate professional, with a deep grasp of her field of expertise, and the drive and focus on results to achieve that vision . Dr.Prerana received the prestigious Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 2017– Healthcare . She was the winner of Quality Champion Award by Johnson &Johnson and Operational Excellence Award by Philips Healthcare.
Aviss Health under her able leadership was nominated as the Business of the Year Award – Healthcare in 2017.
Activity: Aviss Health’s constant endeavor to increase awareness and help people reach out for help on important issues related to sleep on #WorldSleepDay 7 week long Sleep Awareness Campaign keeping in mind 2018 slogan were organized and successfully completed. More details with pics at https://goo.gl/8UxqHS
1. All mass media tools including print media (leading English and Hindi newspapers like Times of India, Dainik Jagran),social media like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter,Blogs,Emailer were used to reach out(While submitting activites we have tried to provide Stats and Data related to touch points, engagement, traction that we were able to create)
2. Our representatives met resident welfare associations and patient educational materials were distributed.
3. Snoring and Sleep Disorders awareness health camp was organised on 11th march,Sunday in Gurgaon,Haryana. Around 120 people attended and benefited from the initiative.Free consultation and check up was provided by Sleep specialist Dr. Himanshu Garg, sleep psychologist , ENT specialist and Dental Sleep Specialist. Dr Prerana Garg addressed the gathering and gave Sleep Health awareness talk touching upon the importance of WSD and highlighting the importance of Sleep Cycle,Circadian Rhythm and importance of preserving the Sleep Rhythm.It was a great team effort put by Aviss Health team. We are humbled and overwhelmed by the excellent and encouraging feedback received from all who attended the camp.
4. Workshop on Yoga for Sound Sleep #Yognidra – On occasion of World Sleep Day 2018, Aviss Health conducted successful Yoga for sound sleep session. Physiological parameters pre and post yoga were assessed. Dr Himanshu Garg Sleep specialist and Mr Sohan Chahal Yoga guru interacted with the attendees and made them aware of the #Sleep cycle and rhythm and how holistic therapies like Yoga, Mindfullness can help with
sleep disorders like insomnia etc.The program was highly appreciated and ended with announcement of similar program on a monthly basis.
5. During the 7 week long Sleep Awareness Campaign Sleep diagnostics were provided at discounted price.
6.Physician awareness talks around the theme of this year preserve your rhythms were given by Dr Himanshu Garg, sleep specialist.
7. Sleep technologist trainings were conducted.
8. Hashtags #WorldSleepDay and mentions @_WorldSleep along with #Sleep, #SleepExperts, #Insomnia etc. were used.
9. To reach out more people online interconnected hashtags such as #Yoga #mindfullness #meditation etc were also used.
10. Leading magazines and newspapers ( Deccan Chronicle, Business World, Suburb) with wide reach interviewed and quoted Dr Himanshu Garg and Dr Prerana emphasising on WSD.
We hope these initiatives will increase awareness and help people reach out for help on important issues related to sleep.
Location: Delhi/NCR India
Date of Activity: 1st Feb to 20th March 2018
Submitted By: Dr Prerana Chopra