For World Sleep Day in Guatemala at the Hospital General San Juan de Dios Marisol Palma in their sleep disorders program and Dr. Arla Cindirella Stokes will celebrate with flyers, a large sign in front of their clinic and did the following activities:
1. Relaxing technic by our students doing practices in the hospital from Universidad Rafael Landivar de Guatemala.
2. Workshop for kids by Licda, Marisol Palma Palma the subject was 10 commandments of sleep for kids, they got presents for their cooperation.
3. Dra. Arla Stokes exposed the subject APNEA
4. Licda. Elizabeth Stokes donated snacks with drinks for everybody
5. The last activity was to give appointments to the ones that have troubles sleeping in our neurology clinics.
We already did our first workshop last Thursday talking about sleep disorders and hygiene. We have been working a monthly workshop for two years now and are educating people about sleep disorders. We give one weekly appointment to the people with troubles and we give multidisciplinary treatment to them as well.